*Not all foods listed here are certified gluten free, they are simply made without gluten containing ingredients. You'll need to decide for yourself what foods you are comfortable eating.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Sweet Basil

We just got back from a family vacation in Cannon Beach, OR. I love going on vacation but it always causes a bit of anxiety as well. I never know where we are going to eat and how we will feel afterwards. Before the trip I looked up the gluten free menu for Subway & Wendy's because I knew we'd have to stop at fast food along the way. They both had decent choices and I'm happy to report that we felt great after both meals. But I wasn't about to eat that food for the 3 whole days. I was beyond thrilled to find this little treasure of a place- the Sweet Basil Cafe! Their sign said that they are mostly organic & locally grown and have a lot of vegan options so I decided to head in and see what they had to say about gluten free options. They knew all about them and actually had gluten free bread that they served their sandwiches on that was AMAZING! Lauren kept saying, "Mom this is the best restaurant ever, can we come back?" We ate dinner and lunch there and would've had dinner again but they were closed! If you are ever in the Cannon Beach area I highly suggest the Sweet Basil Cafe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment