Tonight I made Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets from scratch and they were delicious! Much better than any store bought gluten free chicken nuggets we've tried & healthier. Here is how to make them:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts up into bite size pieces (I used two breasts and it was enough for our family of 4). Coat with olive oil to help make cereal coating stick & to prevent sogginess.
- Smash up gluten free corn flakes (a couple cups depending on how much chicken you are using, I used about 1 1/2 cups).
- Mix smashed corn flakes with Almond Meal. I used 3/4 cup.
- Roll pieces of chicken onto plate with corn flakes and almond meal (picture above).
- Place chicken on a baking sheet sprayed with olive oil cooking spray so it doesn't stick.
- Place cookie sheet in oven and cook for 20 minutes. Take out and rotate and flip nuggets and cook for about another 10 minutes. Cooking time varies based on size of chicken pieces.
Sorry the pictures are out of order, blogger is being really difficult tonight.