*Not all foods listed here are certified gluten free, they are simply made without gluten containing ingredients. You'll need to decide for yourself what foods you are comfortable eating.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Gluten Free Play Dough

I was just looking through my kids art supplies and came across some old "Play-Doh" containers. I haven't let them play with it since going gluten free because it contains wheat and it usually ends up in their mouths at one point. I feel bad that they aren't getting more play dough time because it is SO fun! I just did a quick search and found this recipe on-line for gluten free play dough that I plan on making very soon. 
Here it is: 

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup rice flour
  • 1/2 cup corn starch
  • 1/2 cup salt
  • 2 tsp cream of tarter
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tsp cooking oil
  • Food coloring, if desired
Preparation:
Mix ingredients. Cook and stir on low heat for 3 minutes or until mixture forms a ball. Cool completely before storing in a sealable plastic bag.


No comments:

Post a Comment