*Not all foods listed here are certified gluten free, they are simply made without gluten containing ingredients. You'll need to decide for yourself what foods you are comfortable eating.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Great Potato Salad recipe

I have never really been a fan of potato salad but I saw this recipe in the magazine "All You" and I thought I'd give it a try. I now love potato salad, at least I love this one! It is perfect for summer barbecues, not too heavy & has a little zing to it. I'm making it tonight and thought I'd share it with all of you. Enjoy!

New Potato Salad

· 3lbs new potatoes

· salt & pepper

· 1 cup mayo (make sure it is gluten free, I use Best Foods Olive Oil Mayo, it is labeled gluten free and less fat than most)

· 2 tbs dijon mustard (make sure this is gluten free too, I use Trader Joes or Annie's)

· 2 tbs red wine vinegar

· 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced

· 1 shallot, minced

· 2 tbsp chopped parsley (I often leave this out just because I never seem to have it and it doesn't really make a difference.)

1. boil potatoes until tender (about 15 minutes), drain and return to pot and cover with a damp towel. Let stand for 10-15 minutes, until soft.

2. in a small bowl mix mayo, mustard, & vinegar.

3. cut potatoes into quarters

4. in large bowl mix potatoes, celery, shallots & parsley.

5. Fold in mayo mixgture and season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment