*Not all foods listed here are certified gluten free, they are simply made without gluten containing ingredients. You'll need to decide for yourself what foods you are comfortable eating.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Blackbird Bakery

Last weekend we went to Bainbridge Island for the day and stopped at Blackbird Bakery. It is a darling little small town bakery right off the main drive on Winslow Way that happens to have some gluten free baked goods! This little band was sitting out front playing and it totally fit the vibe of the place.
Lauren & I got a slice of the MOST AMAZING CAKE I've ever had. Kevin (my husband who is not gluten free) even loved it!
The gluten free lemon poppyseed muffins were so good. The kids devoured them!
they couldn't get enough!
If you ever find yourself in Bainbridge Island I highly recommend stopping by this place. The service is a bit slow & maybe not the friendliest I've ever had, but the food was fabulous. They only accept cash so be sure to bring some with. Rumor has it if you call ahead by a day or two they will make you a loaf of gluten free bread but I've never tried it.
Blackbird Bakery
210 Winslow Way East
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
206.780.1322

1 comment:

  1. Nice job on this blog, Val. I can only imagine how helpful it is to all the GF people out there. GOOD FOR YOU!

    ReplyDelete