*Not all foods listed here are certified gluten free, they are simply made without gluten containing ingredients. You'll need to decide for yourself what foods you are comfortable eating.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Places I like to eat

Going out to eat is still a bit tricky, but I'm getting better at it. This is a pretty good website that is really helpful in finding places to eat that have gluten free menus:http://www.glutenfreeregistry.com/

Some places I've enjoyed recently are:
  • Qdoba- they don't have a gluten free menu but if you go to their website ahead of time you can see what foods don't contain wheat. I know that isn't full proof but I choose my items carefully & stick to the same foods every time & I haven't had a problem. Our standard order is a veggie burrito bowl (rice instead of tortilla) with guacamole but no sour cream or cheese. We also get a side of chips & pinto beans. I talked to the manager about how they make the chips and I was told they are the only thing that go in the fryer. I've had great experiences there.
  • Scotty Browns- a fun trendy place in Bellingham- they have a gluten free menu upon request and their food was fabulous!
  • Piatti- an Italian place in University Village. They have a gluten free menu with a lot of choices. The wait staff seemed really knowledgeable and was super accommodating.
  • Bone Fish Grill- a very yummy gluten free menu and they are also very accommodating.
  • Red Robin- They have a gluten free menu upon request. It is very minimal, but none the less, they have one. The one in Woodinville has a designated fryer for their fries so their fries are actually gluten free (the only place I've found so far!). I always make sure to tell them they have to be gluten free so they make sure they don't have any of the seasoning on them. We also get burgers there wrapped in lettuce and they are delish!
  • Anthony's Home Port- a yummy gluten free menu. They don't advertise it but when I started inquiring about my options the server ran and got it for me so make sure to ask for it.
  • Claim Jumper- their gluten free menu is included on their regular menu!
  • PF Changs- a lot of really good gluten free options that are listed on the back of their regular menu and they even have a gluten free dessert!
  • Cactus- The one in Kirkland was very accommodating and the server was able to help me find some gluten free options which were fabulous! They don't have a gluten free menu though.
  • Pomegranate- a darling little place in Redmond that has amazing food. No gluten free menu but the staff was very knowledgeable and gave me many options.
I'm sure I'll think of more later:)

No comments:

Post a Comment