I found this recipe in the Costco cookbook that they give out every holiday season. It is always a favorite whenever I serve it to friends and family.
- 3 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 1/2 cups red & green seedless grapes, cut into quarters (I half them because quartering them just takes too much patience.)
- 1/2 cup dry roasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped (I use pine nuts instead because they are easier to find and so good!)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup canola oil (I always use the kind of Omega 3 so I feel a little better about this much oil.)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sugar (I think agave nectar would work well too, I keep meaning to try it but haven't yet.)
- 1/4 tsp salt
Mix quinoa, grapes, nuts, & green onions in medium bowl and set aside.
In small bowl, whisk canola oil, lemon juice, sugar, and salt.
Pour dressing over quinoa mixture & stir.
Refrigerate 30 minutes prior to serving.
Serves 6 as a side dish.
* I added chicken to this once to make it more of a meal and my family loved it!