*Not all foods listed here are certified gluten free, they are simply made without gluten containing ingredients. You'll need to decide for yourself what foods you are comfortable eating.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

More Food Suggestions

We buy these tasty chips at Costco. The whole family loves them by themselves or dipped in salsa and they are certified gluten free, which is always an extra bonus for my piece of mind.
Trader Joe's has a lot of good gluten free stuff. Some is labeled with a "g" and some is not, but they have a long list on their website of all their non-gluten containing products. This pancake mix is a good one. Their brownie mix is even better- I just don't have a package to take a picture of because it never lasts for long around here! *The brownies are even better if you add chocolate chips or nuts or caramel- or all 3 as I like to do:)
So, let me first say I am not a huge fan of non-dairy yogurt, however this one is pretty good if you mix it with a gluten free granola. My 4 year old likes it right out of the container but I prefer it to be mixed with something. We like the cherry & blueberry flavors the best. This yogurt is sold at most grocery stores in the natural or health food section.
My whole life I've loved flour tortillas and never been a big fan of corn tortillas. Since I can no longer have the flour kind of turned to the Mission White Corn Tortillas and I enjoy them quite a lot. I checked out their website and they do not contain any gluten ingredients and they are made on clean lines. I eat them all the time and have never gotten sick. You can find them at any grocery store, which is a huge bonus!

1 comment:

  1. There's lots of tortilla alternatives out there nowadays. I have grown accustom to the rice flour ones at Central Market and Trader Joes. I've also seen teff tortillas which is a pretty healthy grain but I've never tried them as they contain soy (one on my avoidance list). If you try them let me know how they are!

    ReplyDelete