*Not all foods listed here are certified gluten free, they are simply made without gluten containing ingredients. You'll need to decide for yourself what foods you are comfortable eating.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Honey & Walnut Salmon

I am always looking for new ways to prepare salmon, especially in the winter when the grill isn't that accessible. I found this recipe in the free Costco cookbook that they give out every Thanksgiving weekend. I made it the other night and it was delicious. I served it with potatoes just because we had rice the night before, but next time I make it I will serve it with rice or mixed greens. 
Here is how you make it: 

Ingredients: 
  • 1 1/2 lb salmon fillet
  •  sea salt & pepper
  • 2 tbsp stone ground mustard
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • 2 tsp finely chopped basil or tarragon (I used tarragon) 
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
Directions: 
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray (or lay foil down, that is what I usually do).
  1. Remove skin from salmon (if you can, I always wait until after it is cooked because it is just too hard to get off when raw I think). Cut into 4 pieces. Place on baking sheet and lightly season with salt & pepper.  
  2. In a small bowl, mix mustard, honey, herb, & garlic. Spread mixture evenly on top of the salmon pieces. 
  3. Sprinkle chopped walnuts evenly on top of each piece of salmon. 
  4. Bake for 10- 15 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork. 
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment