*Not all foods listed here are certified gluten free, they are simply made without gluten containing ingredients. You'll need to decide for yourself what foods you are comfortable eating.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Thrilled with Fred Meyer pharmacy

Ever since going gluten free I get nervous whenever I need a new prescription because it is really hard to find out if medications are gluten free or not. There are some great websites with lists (I have one linked on this blog) but most don't have generics on there. I used to go to Top Foods pharmacy and whenever I'd ask them to help me determine if a medication was gluten free they told me it wasn't their job and I needed to research it myself. Which always thrilled me especially when I was there filling a prescription for a sick kid that needed gf medicine asap! So I switched to the Fred Meyer pharmacy at Thrasher's Corner and they have been AMAZING! Tonight the pharmacist not only took time to research it for me she printed off helpful info for me and told me some sites she likes to use. So glad I switched:) 

2 comments:

  1. That's great Val! You find such good info for everyone--especially those with little ones. ;) I'm going to share this with the GF peeps in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We usually use Haggen pharmacy, but they are so busy that taking out the time to help us research isn't easy. Luckily our prescriptions thus far haven't been urgent to fill, so we were able to research in our down time. It's good to know there is still such a thing as customer service out there!

    Fallon In Ferndale

    ReplyDelete