I made a new meatball recipe this week and it was soooo good! These are pretty healthy little meatballs too. We liked them as sliders, but I actually think they'd be really good with spaghetti.
Since gluten free slider rolls aren't exactly easy to come by (though I know there are a few out there) I made my own biscuits in mini muffin tins. Next time I'd make them in regular size muffin tins, or make the meatballs smaller. I used Pamela's bread mix for the muffins which is also dairy free!
I toasted the biscuits with a little mozzarella cheese (we were living on the edge that night and ate a little dairy!) and covered them some marinara sauce and voila! Yummy meatball sliders!
Here is the recipe (from All You magazine)
- 1 lb organic ground beef
- 5 oz frozen spinach, thawed, rinsed, & drained
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup marinara sauce (I used Classico)
- gluten free dinner rolls (or gluten free pasta if going the spaghetti route)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Mix ground beef, spinach, onion, garlic, and 1 tsp each of salt & pepper in a large bowl.
- Gently shape meat mixture into small balls.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook meatballs on each side until cooked all the way through (about 15 minutes).
- Warm marinara sauce in saucepan over low heat.
- If desired, melt cheese on biscuits in oven.
- Top half of biscuit with meatball and drizzle marinara on sauce. Cover with the other half of biscuit to make a sandwich.