*Not all foods listed here are certified gluten free, they are simply made without gluten containing ingredients. You'll need to decide for yourself what foods you are comfortable eating.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

New Cookbook!

My very thoughtful mother-in-law got me this cookbook for Mother's Day. I am super excited about it since I'm a huge Quinoa fan. So far I've only made one recipe from it, Raspberry Coconut Bars. It was my first time baking with Quinoa flour and it has an interesting flavor (tastes like quinoa which is great in meals but a bit different in desserts). I served the bars to guests and the verdict was mixed. Some loved them, some thought they were so so, and some didn't love them at all. I was on the so so side. But there are SO many recipes in this book that I am dying to try, just have to find some free time. I'll keep you posted! 

1 comment:

  1. Why am I now obsessed with recipe books?? I keep trying to talk Mat into trying Quinoa, but for some reason, he's just not sure about it. Maybe I should just get some a cook a meal? You are a lucky girl to have such a great MIL.

    ReplyDelete