*Not all foods listed here are certified gluten free, they are simply made without gluten containing ingredients. You'll need to decide for yourself what foods you are comfortable eating.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Simple Gluten & Dairy Free Pumpkin Muffins

 We're in a pumpkin mood around here lately so we've been making all sorts of yummy pumpkin concoctions! These muffins were a hit with Lauren & Ben. 
This is a really basic pumpkin muffin recipe that I found somewhere on line last year. 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Makes about 9 muffins. 

Ingredients: 
  • 1 1/4 cups Pamela's Baking Mix (or mix of your choice, Pamela's contains milk) 
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/3 cup honey or 1/4 cup sugar or agave nectar. I used honey once and agave nectar once, I preferred the honey. 
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ginger
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp cloves
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional) 
  • brown sugar for topping
Directions: 
  1. Mix all ingredients together and spoon into greased muffin pan (or use paper liners, I found that the muffins stuck to these though) until 2/3 full. 
  2. Top muffins with a dusting of brown sugar (I left this off once and they weren't as good). 
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 18- 20 minutes. 

1 comment:

  1. I saw your blog from the foodie blog roll and I like what you have here.if you won't mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to this post.Just add the pumpkin widget at the end of this post and it's all set, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete