*Not all foods listed here are certified gluten free, they are simply made without gluten containing ingredients. You'll need to decide for yourself what foods you are comfortable eating.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

I got creative with the pizza tonight

 I needed something quick and easy for dinner tonight but wanted it to be healthy too so I got a little creative. First I smeared the pizza crusts (Kinnikinnick, our fav) with pure pumpkin puree. 
 Then I covered them with a layer of spinach, then lots of tomato sauce.
 I covered one with tomatoes and goat cheese for me, the other with cheddar for the kids.
Overall they were a hit. Ben, my two year old who is usually really picky scarfed down every last bite. Lauren, my 4 four year old who typically loves all veggies and eats raw spinach like it is going out of style did not like the idea of it on her pizza. But neither noticed the pumpkin puree! 

2 comments:

  1. Where do you get the Kinnikinnick pizza crusts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I buy them at Fred Meyer in Cannon Park. They in the freezer section in the natural foods area.

    ReplyDelete