*Not all foods listed here are certified gluten free, they are simply made without gluten containing ingredients. You'll need to decide for yourself what foods you are comfortable eating.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

just for fun

We decided to have a little fun with dinner tonight and make breakfast for dinner. Then I decided to make it even more fun and turn the pancakes into pumpkins. I used the Trader Joe's gluten free pancake mix and added some food coloring to make them orange. Then I used a cookie cutter to turn them into pumpkins and added chocolate chips for the face (not the healthiest dinner we've ever had but hey, we live on the edge sometimes!). I added a little kiwi to get some fruit in there:) These were a major hit, my kids LOVED them. Next time I'm going to try to use real pumpkin puree to try to naturally make them orange and a little healthier.

2 comments:

  1. These are so cute! We make pancakes with pumpkin puree and they are SO yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is good to know that pumpkin puree works! Do you just add it or do you substitute it for another ingredient? How much do you add?

    ReplyDelete