*Not all foods listed here are certified gluten free, they are simply made without gluten containing ingredients. You'll need to decide for yourself what foods you are comfortable eating.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Gluten Free in Honolulu

 We just back from 5 days in Honolulu and I was very impressed with how gluten free friendly the city was. The first night we went to Margaritaville and the chef came out and talked to us and was so knowledgable and helpful. 
 I used my "Find Me Gluten Free" app (if you don't have it, get it- it's free and so helpful!) and we found this place called Roy's (I guess their used to be one in Seattle but the server said he thought it was closed, I may have to investigate that one). It was amazing!
 The server & kitchen were so knowledgeable and caring about eveything. Even the runners that brought the food out made sure to explain each item to me and how it was altered to be gluten free. We had 4 different sushi rolls and a delicious flourless lava cake and it was all heavenly! I highly recommend Roys!

The third night we ate at Duke's and they were knowledgable and helpful but didn't have a lot of options- just plain grilled fish with rice. But it was still very good. I was glad I had brought a few of my little gluten free soy sauce packets (found them at PCC) so I could add a little flavor to the rice. 

Our last night there we ate at the Hula Grill and it was pretty great. They had an actual gluten free menu which was nice and I had an amazing coconut mango ceviche. Then for dessert they had this creme brulee that was almost too pretty to eat but so yummy! (Obviously not dairy free but it was worth it:))  

I feel like traveling is getting a lot easier now that more restaurants are on board and the app is so helpful. 
Aloha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment