*Not all foods listed here are certified gluten free, they are simply made without gluten containing ingredients. You'll need to decide for yourself what foods you are comfortable eating.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Tropical Strawberry Shakeology

 I recently received a few samples of Shakeology's new Tropical Strawberry shake. I was really excited to try it since I was a big fan of their chocolate shake but prefer fruity flavors in the morning. I mixed the powder with a handful of frozen strawberries, 1 frozen banana, and 8 oz of Almond Milk. I LOVED it, it was so tasty and satisfying and really did keep me feeling full and energized until lunch time, which is awesome. If you are looking for a tasty & healthy meal replacement shake I would definitely check this one out. It is Vegan & Gluten Free*, which is fabulous! 
Here is a picture of the shake I made. My husband used one of my samples and he just shook the mix up in a water bottle with some water and he said it tasted great that way too. I personally prefer some substance to my shakes so I like to add frozen fruit, but nice to know it tastes good with just water too! 

If you are interested in trying Shakeology for yourself check out my friend Nickie's website: 


*Shakeology Shakes are gluten free. They do contain wheat, barley, oat, & kamut grass, but it is picked before it matures. Here is the statement from their CEO about if Shakeology contains gluten :The quick answer to this question is no, Shakeology contains no gluten. Gluten allergens come from the “protein” found in wheat, barley and other grains. The protein develops once the grains mature. The wheat grass, kamut grass, barley grass and oat grass used in Shakeology are gathered just as they sprouted, BEFORE the wheat matures. These fresh sprouts are collected PRIOR to the development of any wheat protein (gluten). It’s true that mature wheat and barley grains contain gluten. However, the freshly sprouted young grasses used in Shakeology are certified gluten free. Shakeology is tested for gluten by an independent lab in order to receive the “Gluten Free” certification.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! nice site... I like kamut the best.. kamut makes me feel really amazing... I get my pre made Organic Kamut Juice Powder over at KamutJuice.com They have unreal deals.. 16 ounces or 1 lb of Kamut is $49 way cheaper by far!!!!!

    See ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val, I'm a coach and I'm just here because I was trying to find info on Shakeology being gluten free and the BB FAQ's weren't coming up, except for one...When will Shakeology be certified gluten-free?

    There are no gluten-based ingredients in the Shakeology formula. Although we can apply for a gluten-free certification, the safety of our customers is extremely important to us and until we are satisfied that our high standards along with the FDA regulation can be met we will not put a gluten-free certified statement on the package. To meet our internal standards, we are reviewing our entire supply chain of nearly 100 ingredients to ensure that there is no potential exposure to gluten-based grains from the farm to the Shakeology product being sealed in the final package. At this point we cannot say when that assessment will be complete."

    This seems at odds with the last line of your statement from Carl above, so I was wondering how recent that statement was and if in fact you know that certification has occurred? That would be a great thing for our gluten free customers who want all the wonderful benefits of Shakeology plus total peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete