*Not all foods listed here are certified gluten free, they are simply made without gluten containing ingredients. You'll need to decide for yourself what foods you are comfortable eating.

Monday, December 6, 2010

Coconut Curried Chicken & Chickpeas

I found this recipe in a magazine a few months ago and decided to give it a try the other night. I'm not a huge curry fan but I am trying to branch out a bit, plus it's a crock pot recipe and I love those. I changed the recipe a little to suite my taste more and I actually liked it! 

Ingredients:
  • 2 boneless chicken breasts
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp curry powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 onions, thinly sliced
  • 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped 
  • 1- 28 oz can diced tomatoes with juice
  • 1 can coconut milk (I used the light kind to keep the fat content down)
  •  2- 15 oz cans chickpeas, rinsed & drained
Directions:
  1. Coat chicken with olive oil, curry powder, and salt. Put in crock pot. 
  2. sprinkle onions and garlic on top of chicken. 
  3. Pour tomatoes on top and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. 
  4. During last hour of cooking add in chickpeas and coconut milk. 
  5. Shred chicken with forks before serving. 
  6. We served it over rice and it was delicious



No comments:

Post a Comment